GET INVOLVED . . .
Have an interest in your community? Wonder how to improve storm water management? Ideas for park and recreation activities in the township? Then why not participate or volunteer on a township board, authority or committee!
- The Antis Township Board of Supervisors has the authority to appoint members who live in the Township to the following; the Antis Township Agricultural Security Committee, the Northern Blair Sewer Authority, and the Antis Township Planning Commission.
- Members of the Capital Improvement Committee and the Personnel Committee are appointed by the Board of Supervisors and consist of Board Members only. The Capital Improvement Committee meets in public meetings
- The Altoona Water Authority (AWA) and the Bellwood Water & Sewer Authority members are appointed by those respective jurisdictions and the Antis Township Board of Supervisors have no legal input for those appointments.
- The Northern Blair County Regional Sewer Authority (NBCRSA) serves Snyder and Antis townships and representation comes from the boards of supervisors of the townships.
- The Blair County Sanitation Committee is a council of governments to which Antis Township belongs overseeing on-lot septic system installation and compliance. A member of the board of supervisors is appointed to represent the township.
- The Intergovernmental Stormwater Committee (ISC) is a council of governments made up of the Blair County municipalities which must address MS4 (Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems) mandates to separate sanitary and storm sewer systems and reduce pollution going into Chesapeake Bay. The township may appoint a board member or staff person to be the official voting member of the COG.
- The Antis Township Planning Commission oversees and recommends land development and subdivision proposals required by the township’s Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance (SALDO). One member traditionally comes from the board of supervisors and the other four are appointed by the board.
Residents are encouraged to attend monthly meetings of the authorities which provide service to their home or business. All meeting dates and times, except for the Personnel Committee, are published on our website under the Township Calendar.